Public Program or Exhibit Proposal
and exhibits are considered based on the Library’s strategic plan and mission
and available library resources. All submissions will be reviewed by the
Library’s programming staff. Most lectures, readings, exhibits, and
performances are done on a volunteer basis.
Hartford Public Library sponsors programs that support our activities, mission,
collections, and strategic plan at the Downtown Library and at neighborhood
The Library showcases works of established and emerging artists—particularly from
Hartford— and/or exhibitions that focus on Hartford and Hartford’s history, which
educate, enlighten, challenge, and enrich people’s lives. The Library gives
preference to exhibitions linked to program themes and initiatives, such as The
Big Read. All exhibitions will be curated by Library staff. Original work in
all media will be considered.
If you are interested in applying specifically for the Library’s ArtWalk, separate
submission guidelines are available at http://hplct.org/classes-seminars-exhibits/artwalk/submission-guidelines.
A completed application includes:
· Public Program or Exhibit Proposal form (enclosed)
· A bio and/or resume
· Required support materials:
- Exhibits: Ten to twelve representative images. Images must be high-quality jpegs, at least
800x600 pixels but not larger than 1024x786 pixels. Include a corresponding
- Musical performances: Website, audio and video links.
- Author talks/book promotion: Author’s name, Publisher, Publicist’s name
and contact information, and book release date.
· Any additional support materials